Thursday, 10 September 2026

Santa's naughty list

I finished all the cross stitches on my Santa picture and decided to wash away the print before doing the backstitching.  My theory behind this was that I could stretch the fabric back on the frame while it was still damp. He looks good as is but I'll be adding highlights and glasses.


The scary moment when it went in the bucket of water.  Fingers crossed!  Can you imagine if the printing didn't come off after all that work?!


Ta da!


This is the frame I use for cross stitch.  I love it!


In crochet news, I started a new project.  While I was on retreat a while back some yarn jumped into my basket while I was grocery shopping so it would have been rude not to take it home.  I wanted to make a blanket and realised I didn't have enough yarn so I scoured the internet for more and purchased three more balls.  I made my chain long enough that the blanket would cover my lap but once I started crocheting the shell design it grew and I realised I probably wouldn't have enough yarn to finish it!  Oops!  So luckily I found what's probably the last two balls and have just picked those up from the post office.

I have a billion balls of yarn now and I've only done about 5 rows of my blanket so far ha ha!  It doesn't look very impressive.  I used this tutorial for the pattern.  My shells are less defined because my yarn is thicker but it should look good in thirty years time once I've finished it.


You know that yarn I painstakingly searched for?

Wellington and Missy are on Santa's naughty list for sure!


So if that wasn't enough work to be getting on with, I started ANOTHER crochet project!  I did always intend on working on both at the same time but it does feel a bit overwhelming at the moment.  The blanket is easy repetitive crochet that I can take along anywhere.  My new project requires a lot of thought so it has to be done in peace and quiet.

Here's a sneak peak.  I have a feeling I'm going to be making this one again sometime in different yarn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Santa's naughty list

I finished all the cross stitches on my Santa picture and decided to wash away the print before doing the backstitching.  My theory behind t...