Thursday, 3 September 2026

Welcome Missy

Just look at this beautiful face!  Missy is the latest member of our family.  She's almost ten years old but thinks she's a spring chicken!

I haven't done a lot lately.  Story of my life ha ha!  I'm trying to muster the enthusiasm for decorating another bedroom.  I was quite enthusiastic until I realised how much repair and prep I had to do before even starting on the "fun" part!  Bloody kids!


Here's baby Emma on the quilt I made her.  Isn't she cute?  And so tiny!!


I finished making this crochet virus shawl.  It fits!


I made it with cotton yarn form the Bendigo Woollen Mills.  It probably needs blocking but that's not going to happen.  


I've been taking this to my sit n sew sessions for what seems like forever and now I need a new project to take along.  Meet Sue Daley's Rouge Provence quilt!  This one has a bit of a funny story as I spotted the kit up for sale very reasonably priced on Facebook Marketplace.  I ummed and ahhed and then noticed that pick up was at Wollert, and what a coincidence, I was going to Wollert the very next day!  I scrolled down to message the seller and lo and behold it was my friend, Kay!  It was meant to be!


The kit comes with lovely fabrics, templates and EPP papers.


I started cutting out the fabric and was annoyed when I saw a few of these marks.  I'll have to be careful to avoid them. I started with this cream fabric and it requires rather a lot of teensy weensy triangles.  Perfect for prepping  with the triangle template at sit n sew.  Or so I thought.  It was so annoying!  Especially once I realised I could have just rotary cut strips, subcut into squares and then cut diagonally into triangles!  Arghhh!


I'm not a fan of the centre design.  It's fine, but not me and I also like there to be no direction on these kinds of quilts so I can throw them any way up on my bed! So I started designing a new centre.  You can see I messed it up but this is the look I'm going for.  It uses elements that are already in the original design.


I also need a new crochet project for my social crochet group.  I decided to do a shells blanket and started it at home before the group so I could get into the swing of it in a social setting.  I appear to have a problem counting even to three when I'm chatting!  The blanket was not working out for me and I was so frustrated I threw it in the bin!  I really like it though so I'm going to give it another try.  The pattern is by Donna Wolfe from Naztazia and she has a basic written pattern an a video tutorial.  Once I worked out I could play the video in slow motion I started jotting down what Donna was saying in picture form and it's all starting to make a bit more sense.  It turns out that the binned version was actually correct and I thought it was wrong because the pattern isn't as symmetrical as I want it to be.  So I'm going to try to change it so that it works for me.  Wish me luck because I have no idea what I'm doing!


I've almost finished Santa.  He's looking good!  I have a small amount of cross stitches to do and then there's a lot of backstitching.  I'm tempted to wash the washaway printing before I do the outlining.  Decisions, decisions...


No, I haven't finished the star quilt Annie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Missy

Just look at this beautiful face!  Missy is the latest member of our family.  She's almost ten years old but thinks she's a spring c...