I loaded the star quilt onto my frame and chose a simple all over design. I probably should have made it slightly more dense but I do like it as is.
My outside borders were a bit wavy so that was annoying trying to keep the quilt square. I have some puffiness in some places which looks worse to the naked eye than it does in this picture. Oops! I've noticed on past quilts though when this has happened, once the quilt is off the frame where it's being stretched flat the puffiness and any tucks and whatnot aren't very noticeable so let's hope that's the case for this quilt!
Do you know how annoying it is to spot a dark thread through quilted layers?! I used a fine hook to ease it out.

Once I finished the quilt I couldn't do the Ta Da moment as there's enough backing and batting left over to quilt some teeny baby quilts so that's what I'll do next.
While I was quilting, I prepared some EPP shapes for my Sue Daley quilt. That little iron is very handy but it gets very hot!
The fancy crochet I'm doing isn't going well and I've had to unravel 6 rows! I'm getting good at unravelling ha ha!




No comments:
Post a Comment