Wednesday, 22 July 2026

It's coming along

 I  fixed all of the green and cream HSTs so that the pattern on the fabric was facing in the same direction as the rest of the quilt.  I put them up on my design wall and noticed that I'd also sewn the green and pink HSTs incorrectly!  Arghhh! Two out of the eight were correct!  I hadn't cut any of these so they were easily unpicked and resewn. The good news was that I found the missing lighter green HSTs underneath my mess so at least they didn't need to be redone.

It still looks a mess!


All of my blocks are correct.  I've sewn a lot of them into pairs and they just need to be sewn together to make bigger chunks to match the corner chunks.  In order to get my points nice and neat I stitched the middle part in pairs going across instead of down like in the corners which has caused a pressing issue.  I think I'll get away with it if I press these seams open.  We shall see...

There's still a lot of sewing to do but it looks like it's coming together nicely now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's coming along

 I  fixed all of the green and cream HSTs so that the pattern on the fabric was facing in the same direction as the rest of the quilt.  I pu...