Saturday 20 August 2022

Saturday Sit n Sew

 Kay and a few of her fellow lifestyle villagers hosted a sit n sew at their village in Wollert today.  There was lots of chatting, laughing and eating and whilst lots of people sewed other people did more of the eating part!  You might work out who that was once you've seen the pictures of what we got up to!

Debbie worked on a project for her granddaughter and then started sewing this cute quilt.  In this picture she's playing with the layout. 


And here is a sewn row.


Jill made a star block for her Gorgeous Georgia quilt.  Everyone I know that has made this quilt agrees that it is indeed gorgeous but the pattern is terrible! Jill is a beginner quilter and has completed a few rows already and is doing a great job!


Gail did a bit of knitting and then brought her felt project out to embroider.  She started this table topper at an all day workshop we went to quite a few years ago. Gail couldn't find an effective marking tool to transfer the embroidery markings onto the dark felt and then she thought she'd try drawing the design onto baking paper and sewing through the paper.  It worked!


Judy hates hand sewing but loves doing EPP.  The shape she has here will act as a frame for a toile fabric centre.


Heather is embroidering details onto this Lynette Anderson pattern. It's going to be a lovely wall hanging once completed.


Marie has Christmas on her mind!  Ooh 126 days until Christmas!



Kay was stitching down the back on the binding on this baby quilt.


Ta Da! All done!  I'm very surprised that Kate didn't sneak that sloth quilt out with her when she left!


Mary is learning how to sew a glasses case.  This simple pattern is very versatile and can also be used as a phone case.  Marie said she uses hers to store crochet hooks!

     

I bought this adorable pattern at a quilt shop for $7.  What a bargain!  The problem is that the instructions are written in Japanese and, although there are a billion very clear pictures to go with it, I'm struggling to get my head around it so progress is very slow.  And I kind of get distracted by the snack table!  I stitched the house shaped pentagons into a strip during our last sit n sew session so all I sewed all day was the circle.  Oops!  I may try sewing the pattern onto scrap fabric to see if I can work out how to do it for next time.




We all had a great day and plans are afoot for a quilt shop hop next time!  Friendship AND fabric shopping woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...