Tuesday 16 August 2022

1 hour

 Cryptic title hey?

I started cleaning and sorting my studio (sewing room) back in April and I was doing really well until I injured my hand so I was unable to finish.  As a consequence, anything I'd shoved into a pile or a box has remained there.  I'm a very messy person so there were a lot of boxes and piles!  My youngest son, Alex, is celebrating his 21st birthday soon with a party on the studio deck which means I have to empty one of my sewing spaces into the other.  And that means I have to finish tidying!  Arghh!  So, I set my alarm for 1 hour to see what I could get done in that time.

I decided to tackle this area first as it's the most common dumping ground and is where I'm likely to put my sewing things from the "party room" so that Judy can still have access to her quilting frame if she needs to come and use it.


This is typically what you'll find shoved into piles and boxes.


The worst part is that I do actually have a great storage system.  But I'm too messy to actually use it!


I found these fat quarters I'd bought at The Retreat, Gisborne last time I was there. I'll be going again next month.  The question is, will I do something with the fabric before then or will I buy more fabric to add to my stash?  Silly question?


Then I found this lovely yardage I bought at retreat in Ballarat this month that I hadn't found a home for.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it but I just loved the range the moment I saw it!


After an hour (and ten minutes to dust and hoover!) here is the space.  The pile of things left there are to go to the charity shop whenever I get around to going. There are mostly embroidery threads and fabrics I don't use so someone will be happy to get them I'm sure.


It's amazing what you can get done in an hour!  Perhaps I should go and do another...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...