Friday 12 April 2024

Sheep’s eyes

 My mum used to call Shepherd's Pie Sheep's eyes.  I'm surprised we ever ate anything in our house growing up!  I won't even hint what she called Spaghetti Bolognese! Funny thing is those names are now tradition and that's what these meals are called in my household! Well anyway, back to my sheep! 

How do you mark eye positions on black felt wool??  I do have quite a few white/pink/blue marking tools and they'd usually be ok on black fabric but they just didn't want to adhere to the felt.  


So I marked the eyes on the back of the appliqué paper and cut them out.  Because I only wanted vague positions I didn't try to find decent scissors and cut the circles out with a seam ripper.  


Then I placed the circles back inside the holes.


Then I stitched around the circles.


Then I satin stitched the circles and they ended up like ovals but that's ok.  Nice PJS Evelyn!


I showed my Mother in law and she said they looked spooky. 


So, back to the drawing board.  I blanket stitched the whites of the eyes and then added the black part with a who knows? stitch.  The sheep has a lot more personality now and he (she?) is not spooky now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...