Saturday 24 September 2022

I’ve been sewing!

My sewing room is no longer empty.  Or tidy woo!  I started by pulling out the star blocks I’d worked on at my last retreat.


It’s amazing how quickly you can forget what you’re doing when you’ve put your project away for a bit!  On the plus side though, it does feel like you’re starting a new project!


I’d also forgotten how to make HSTs!!  I marked my little squares and realised that if I sewed them it would be wrong but I couldn’t work out how to make them right!  


But I did work it out and felt a bit sheepish once I had.  Not as sheepish as I felt later though when I found all the squares already marked in a different box! 


Here I am trying to sew with my hand jewellery.  I’m finding it impossible to use pins so this quilt is definitely not going to have perfect points!


I’ve now made five and I have my next two blocks arranged and sat next to my machine ready to go.


This is one of my bonus pinwheel blocks.  This is probably the best example of the worst sewing.  Before hurting my hand I would have unpicked it but I’ve decided to let it go.  It’s the best I can do now and that’s got to be good enough.  


I’m off to retreat again next week.  I’m so excited!  Hopefully I’ll get some sewing done this time!  Still, sometimes it’s just great to hang out with lovely friends even if you don’t get a lot done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...