Friday 22 July 2022

Tweaked Rugby Stars

 After cutting my fabrics I stitched one block together to make sure I'd cut all the pieces correctly and to see what it looked like before I take it to retreat. It's so cute!  The block measures 16 1/2 inches I believe.


I'm sewing the scraps of the flying geese together as I go to make half square triangles and I'll be sewing them together as a leader ender project.  The smallest pinwheel block measures 3 inches and the other is 7 inches.  I'll end up with 32 pinwheels of each size.  I don't know what I'll do with them yet but I make a lot of memory quilts for still born babies so I expect they'll be used wisely.


I'm busy drawing all my diagonal lines on the fabric squares so that when I go to retreat I can just sew, sew, sew!


My next project is a secret gift for my firstborn son's girlfriend.  I have an idea in mind but I'm not terribly artistic so who knows how it'll go.  Erin is a dancer and I want to make her a picture from one of her dance poses.

I went to PBNify.com and turned Erin's picture into a paint by numbers picture.  You can click on as many or as few points in your photograph to get the look you're after.  I wanted it to be fairly simple because I want to embroider the details over the top of the painting.  I won't be painting the background.  I'm not an artist either so fingers crossed it goes well!


Here's the picture with the numbers.  It's very faint but I think you'd see it clearer if you click on the pic.


I then went to goart.fotor.com to turn my photo into artwork.  I chose the Favism option because it had lots of clear lines that I'll be able to embroider.


Now I've got to work out how to put the two together.  I hope it works out as well as it does inside my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...