Saturday 30 July 2022

Memory Quilts

I'm still plodding along with the batting scraps.  I used up three bobbins of thread sewing them together so far!  I've mostly got small amounts left now that I use to make Memory quilts for stillborn babies at Sunshine hospital, Victoria.  Here are a few of the ones I've made over the years.  Sometimes they're orphan blocks or scraps I'm trying to use up.  I try to make something nice in the hope that the babies' parents get a little comfort out of them.

This bird was done during an appliqué and stitchery class I did once.


I used up tiny scraps of fabric to make these hexi flowers.


More scraps.


Scraps of fabric leftover from a larger Dresden Plate quilt.


This was a block from a BOM I didn't complete.  


I've made hundreds of little quilts and unfortunately, there's need for more all the time.  These quilts measure approximately 12 x 14 inches depending on the fabric I have.  As you can see, they're all very different.  The hospital has the parents choose the quilt they would like so I try to make sure there's a selection of different designs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...