Saturday 6 January 2024

Blood, sweat and wine

 I swear my MIL is trying to kill me with these Christmas cards!  I've been turning them into wall hangings so that we can have them all on display every year.  I posted about it HERE

  So here is this year's card.  What on earth was I going to do with this one?!  


After realising that I only had red scraps left I decided that the card had to join this set.  


I usually square up the cards, add borders and then sew the backing on with the fabrics right side together leaving a gap to turn the whole thing the right way round.  This card wasn't square!  And it had a photograph so if I turned it through the photo would crumple.  I had to really think about this one!  I decided the best way to do it would be to make it up as planned but without the card part which I then stitched on later.  It's not the neatest but it's done!

It was hot and I stabbed my finger hence the blood and sweat.  I needed the wine afterwards!  I am going to be having stern words with my MIL later!


And here's a photo of my trio of beautiful greys!  My foster, Fluff, is going back to GAP for adoption next week.  She is a fantastic dog, very cuddly and affectionate with enough mischief in her to not be boring (as a teacher once described my boys!) and we're going to miss her.  I wanted to keep her and return my husband instead but GAP wouldn't have him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reorganising my sewing room

Judy and I have separated and are going our own ways.  I begged her to stay but she told me that her quilting frame was of more use at her h...